Today's date: July 30, 2014



News
Top Stories
Sports
Community News
Police/Courts
Editorial
Obituaries
Business
Announcements
Columnists
Ag Issues
Classroom
Legals
Racing
Weather
Search
Advertising
Classifieds
Community News
Explosion sends local man to burn center

January 2, 2013

The accident happened between 5:30 and 6:00 P.M. on Thursday evening
Just after the Christmas season concluded, Brent Staab, owner of Staab’s Power Washing, was back to work. While on a job site on Thursday evening, he went to his wash trailer and notice there was a gas leak. With miminal light, Staab used his cell phone’s flashlight to illuminate the trailer to locate the source of the leak. Within seconds, the leak erupted into a fire blaze that gave Staab severe burns and had to be rushed to the hospital.

Nothing has been confirmed about the cause of the eruption of flames, but those that have investigated the site believe that emissions from the cell phone is what sparked the leak to erupt, causing Staab to suffer severe burns.

The accident happened between 5:30 and 6:00 P.M. on Thursday evening and he was flown to the Hennepin County Burn Center where he is currently being treated. The burns that Staab has suffered include 2nd degree burns to his right hand, face, and skull, and 3rd degree burns to his left hand.


Click Here to Contact Us
©Murray County News 2014