Today's date: August 31, 2014



News
Top Stories
Sports
Community News
Police/Courts
Editorial
Obituaries
Business
Announcements
Columnists
Ag Issues
Classroom
Legals
Racing
Weather
Search
Advertising
Classifieds
Community News
Slayton Area Chamber of Commerce Tour of Homes

September 26, 2012

Gene and Marge Short’s home 
 MURRAY COUNTY NEWS PHOTO
MURRAY COUNTY NEWS PHOTO
Gene and Marge Short’s home
Saturday, October 20, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
GENE & MARGE SHORT, 540 Mill Street, Currie, MN - Our house was built in 1921, made of cement blocks, made by the “phelan Tile Factory”, as it was commonly called, located east of Currie. Original house was 28 ft. x 34 ft. In 1975 a family room with a sun porch and a garage underneath added to the east. We bought the house in 2009.

The only big change was to move a china hutch from the living room to the family room, making it necessary to paint 1 wall in the living room, paint, wall paper and border in the family room. Upstairs, we have”Gene’s Room & Marge’s Room” as guest bedrooms. Both are filled with mementos of our childhoods. The upstairs bedroom is in a horse theme for Marge’s past.

In 2011 we were able to purchase the property next door, raze the house and expand our yard, adding trees, shrubs, flower gardens and a vegetable garden. We are looking forward to showing our home. To our knowledge this is the only Phelan block house left in Currie.


Click Here to Contact Us
©Murray County News 2014